- Union Sociale pour l'Habitat (USH): the French social housing federation established in 2012 a specific Institute dedicated to CSR. Its main goals are to raise awareness on CSR among housing providers and support implementation through the dissemination of good practices. Its Supervisory Board includes sector's key stakeholders. Its Advisory Board includes CSR experts from various fields and backgrounds.
CSR in the European Union:
- The current EU CSR policy: EU Strategy for CSR 2011-2014
- European Parliament Resolution (2013): Corporate social responsibility: accountable, transparent and responsible business behaviour and sustainable growth (available in all European languages)
- European Parliament Resolution (2013): Corporate social responsibility: promoting society's interests and a route to sustainable and inclusive recovery (available in all European languages)
- Proposal for a Directive on Reporting on Non-Financial and Governance issues (2013)
- Visit the European Commission's page on CSR
CSR at global level:
- OECD Guidelines for Multinationals (Français, Deutsch, Espanol, Nederlands, Italiano, Svenska): voluntary principles and standards for responsible business conduct in areas such as employment and industrial relations, human rights, environment, information disclosure, combating bribery, consumer interests, science and technology, competition, and taxation.
- Global Compact: this initiative, launched by former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, provides an overall framework of ten principles relating to human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. Businesses which voluntarily endorse the Global Compact commit to produce an annual report on how they implement these ten principlesand integrate them into their corporate strategy and daily practices.
CSR and investing
- Novethic: the French expert for Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) and CSR in the financial sector. Raising the question of what are the main matters when it comes to invest on socially responsible businesses and assesing risk management and impact at the core of it, Novethic has published ESG strategies of European Asset Owners, From Theory to Practice. Another useful tool is their Impact bonds study addressed at social and green bonds.