The Responsible Housing Stakeholder Forum
Chaired by IUT, it gathers representatives of the sector’s key stakeholders.
It was set up to jointly identifiy key CSR challenges in the sector and opportunities for cooperation at European and national level.
The European Responsible Housing Stakeholder Forum Report is now available! It presents the main recommendations of the Stakeholder Forum on the promotion and development of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and stakeholder engagement in the housing sector in Europe. These recommendations result from the Forum’s activity in 2013 and 2014.
Below you can find out more about members of the Stakeholders Forum and their views on responsible housing.
National tenant associations:
- LLO (Denmark), 'Best CSR practices in the housing sector have to be promoted at European level - Tenants involvement is one of those, with Denmark being the forerunner'
- Deutscher Mieterbund (Germany), 'Improved communication will bring positive effects for both sides and improve the situation in housing areas.'
- Nederlandse Woonbond (Netherlands), 'We can ask landlords to behave according to minimum standards and solve problem of participation of tenant's organisations'
- La CNL (France), 'Affordability, quality as well as proximity to services, facilities and working places are key points'
authorities and providers of public services:
- the City of Vienna, 'It is important to have a broad mixity in our public housing and in our socially financed housing'
- CEEP: European Centre of Employers and Enterprises providing Public services, 'It is very interesting to see how many housing organisations are interested to take part in this CSR process, because they would like to show they are doing something good'.
- COFACE (Confederation of Family Organisations in the European Union), 'CSR must be in the DNA of companies, and not a simple communication issue'
- Solidar (European network of NGOs working to advance social justice in Europe
and worldwide), 'There are many links between CSR in the housing sector and Europe 2020 objectives'
- Deutschen Bauindustrie (German federation);
- RICS (Royal
Institution of Chartered Surveyors), 'CSR is about making sure that whatever the organisation's interests are, you align them with the public interest and with stakeholders at large'
- European Investment Bank
- Concil of Europe Development
Bank. 'This project can help to find criteria but also new approaches to help the sector be more sustainable'