European Responsible Housing Awards
Five practices have been selected in each category.
1. Local social sustainability
- Bilbao Social Housing – Spain. Project's objectives: To develop access to housing for youth, while supporting social cohesion initiatives carried out by local associations and third sector organizations.
- Patrimoine SA Languedocienne– France. Project's objectives: To improve neighbour disputes’ prevention and settlement as well as tenants’ quality of life, through a professional and independent structure, thereby contributing to increased tenants’ well-being.
- Société Dauphinoise pour l'Habitat –France. Project's objectives: To enhance senior tenants’ autonomy and well-being, in a suitable, accessible and affordable flat and to increase ability to live together, thanks to generational diversity in the estate.
- Eigen Haard– Netherlands.Project's objectives: To ensure long-term, respectful, sustainable and mutual commitment with local organisations so as to enhance services and actions to the benefit of neighborhoods and their residents.
- Midlothian–Scotland. Project's objectives: To enable adults and older people with physical and mental health care needs to live at home independently, while providing a focal point for community services and activities.
- Société Dauphinoise pour l'Habitat –France. Project's objectives: to improve buildings’energy performance as well as tenants’ quality of life in the frame of alarge-scale urban renewal project.
- Foyers de seine et Marne–France. Project's objectives: Toreduce risks and environmental impact of construction sites, through awareness-raisingof construction firms and their workers.
- Eigen Haard–Netherlands. Project's objectives: To reach highenvironmental performance levels in demolition and construction withoutadditional costs, through effective cooperation between stakeholders.
- Circle Housing – England. Project's objectives: To helpresidents reduce their energy consumption and associated bill without impairingtheir well-being at home.
- LiverpoolMutual Homes –England. Project'sobjectives: Toreduce energy and water consumption in the housing stock.
3.Economic responsibility and sustainability
- Société Dauphinoise pourl'Habitat – France. Project's objectives: to improvecollaboration with suppliers and support continuous progress across the supplychain.
- Dansk Almennyttigt Boligselskab – Denmark. Project's objectives: to increaseCSR-related requirements in procurement both at DAB-level and at local housingcompanies’ level.
- FirstArk – England. Project's objectives: Tohelp residents stand on their own two feet and sustain their tenancy.
- BO-VEST – Denmark. Project's objectives: tosupport apprenticeship opportunities for youth through partnerships withsuppliers.
- RCT-Homes – Wales. Project'sobjectives: to increase the organisation’s contribution tolocal regeneration by supporting local enterprises and local employment.
4.Good governance and fair relations to stakeholders
- Bauverein AG – Germany. Project's objectives: toidentify and prioritize stakeholders’ expectations to help adjust and improvethe company’s CSR strategy.
- Stadt Wien - Wiener Wohnen – Austria. Project'sobjectives: tocollect tenants’ needs wishes and suggestions on housing estates management andneighbourhoods.
- Dansk Almennyttigt Boligselskab –Denmark. Project's objectives:tosupport local "tenant democracy”, through tenants’ empowerment, capacitybuilding and regular dialogue.
- Shepherds Bush Housing Association – England. Project's objectives: to further improveresident involvement, both at operational and strategic levels.
- Andria cooperativa di abitanti – Italy. Project's objectives: to create a newneighbourhood, based on children’s dreams and ideas, using a thoroughparticipatory approach.
5.Responsible human resources management
- Sogemac – France. Project's objectives: To improve workers’well-being and work-life balance and to modernize working processes.
- Habitat 62/59 Picardie – France. Project's objectives: To improve caretakers’occupational risk prevention through the co-production with employees of a healthand safety training video.
- Dansk Almennyttigt Boligselskab –Denmark. Project's objectives: To support employees’ professional developmentthrough a variety of training programmes.
- RCT-Homes – Wales. Project'sobjectives: Topromote staff volunteering to support economic regeneration and development ofcommunities while contributing to employee’s development and recognition.
- Boligkontoret – Denmark. Project's objectives: To ensure that staff andtenant board members are provided with the skills and competences they need tofulfill their tasks, while contributing to their personal and career development.